Friday, June 8, 2007

How do you find a weightloss spa/ fat farm?

I have been watching Inside Brookhaven a lot lately. I am obviously not big enough to go to a place like that, but i would like to prevent that from happening. I was doing really well at staying at a comfortable weight until my mom died a year and a half ago. When she died I lost control of my eating. I need some help to get back on track. My husband wants to help me but I don't know how to tell him how to help me because I don't know how to help myself.

Basically I think I need to go away for a couple of weeks and be focused on getting my eating under control and getting back my motivation to exercise.

Can anyone tell me how do I go about finding a spa to go to that is in California?

Dear Rachel,

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. You may need to look at the emotional causes of why you are eating. You have targeted the event, now you need to identify the emotions and how food plays a role as a comfort. Once you can find the cause (stress, depression, loneliness, anger, grief) and not the symptom, you will be ready for the physical. All of that aside, you have not indicated what area of California or price, so I will give you a few to look at. First, http://www.bodymakeovers.com Michael Thurmond’s 6 week body makeover. He places an emphasis on exercise and a holistic approach. This is a very pricey program about $5500 per week. Less if you just want the nutritional part.

The Spa Body makeover experience is with the Lowes Santa Monica Hotel.Rancho La Puerta, Baja CA, http://www.rancholapuerta.com Daily activities and low-fat, low-calorie cuisine usually result in healthful weight loss over the course of the week’s program.

The Oaks at Ojai, Ojai, CA, http://www.oaksspa.com/index_d.html Low calorie spa cuisine and wide variety of workout sessions are designed to help our guests lose weight and drop inches. Cost is roughly $1260 for 7 nights

www.spavelous.com

No comments: